8 Ways To Reduce Eyestrain Caused By Computing



Wow, sorry for the interruption in these posts. My service provider went down and I am only now getting back online. I was without internet from Tuesday till Saturday afternoon. This has disrupted my life more than anything other than an electrical outage.

Eyestrain can be a big problem, when working on your computer for long periods of time. It is important for me, a migraine sufferer, to be careful and not cause any more problems than I already have. My light sensitivity means that I REALLY have to be careful.

Use the following recommendations to reduce eyestrain and eye fatigue:

  • Close drapes/blinds to reduce glare.
  • Adjust lighting to avoid glare on screen (light source should come at a 90 degree angle, with low watt lights rather than high).
  • Avoid intense or uneven lighting in your field of vision.
  • Place monitor at 90 degree angle to windows (where possible).
  • Reduce overhead lighting (where possible).
  • Use indirect or shielded lighting where possible.
  • Walls should not be painted with a reflective finish.
  • Use a glare screen or monitor shield to reduce glare from overhead lighting.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found this information very useful. Thank you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this post. Please feel free to share this information with others. No, really, please. Feel absolutely free. Make sure you leave an email address where I can respond to you personally

 

Plain Answers to Geek Questions Copyright © 2009 by Andy Honaker; Adapted from Ipiet's Blogger Template